Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Costumer

First i would like to thank everyone for the inspirational comments when i was feeling so down these past days!! That's when i remember why i blog and thank you to keep on visiting me and commenting!!
Today i had to deal with the cable TV company guy, as always he put me on hold for like hours and hours and at the end he didn't fix my problem some of my channels are still missing so I'm dedicating this little poem to that guy!!

The Costumer
Good morning! Thanks for calling us!
We're pleased to hear from you!
Your call's important to us
So we've placed you in a queue.

Please find your account number and
Be sure it is correct..
It's twenty digits long and if you
Mis-type, I'll reject.

I'll lead you through the whole routine
Please use your touch type phone.
Press eight and follow with the hash
After you hear the tone.

If you are a new client here..
Press two, ..if old, press three.
Press four in case we've done something
With which you disagree!

You have pressed four, please wait a moment
While I transfer you..
And please enjoy, while we play you
A symphony or two!

Our staff are all too busy now
To talk to such as you
Your call is so important that
We've placed you in a queue."

Time passes and the music lingers
On, and bye and bye..
My cheek and ear go fast asleep,
My wrist gets R.S.I. But wait!

It may be there is hope!
I hear a ringing sound,
At last a human voice is heard
After the runaround!

"Good morning, this is Ladies wear
And may we help somehow?
Complaints?.. Oh! Just hang on a tick
I'll transfer you right now!..."

"Good morning! Thanks for calling us!
We're pleased to hear from you!
Your call's important to us
So we've placed you in a queue."

by Frank Halliwell

14 confessions:

Doughnut said...

Whatever happened to the cliche slogan: The customer is always right! ?

Hope your cable guy gets it fixed so you get your $$'s worth of channels - soon! Otherwise they should give you a rebate in my opinion.

confessing7girl said...

ahh im losing hope i think im gonna pull my money out of that company i can get better!! im just not sure if ill get a better treatment!! :D hehe

Doughnut said...

You deserve the best, of course :)

KAYLEE said...

"ahh im losing hope i think im gonna pull my money out of that company i can get better!!"

I WOULD TOO THAT IS NOT GOOD HEHE!

lisa q. said...

so sorry girl...love the poem! i'm here if you need me! :P

bornfortheu.s.a said...

so true! the same thing happened with me when my net stopped working...i had to wait five days before they came and fixed it...you know what i did? i said i'll send a notice from the consumer court..and the net was fixed the very same day...try it out...

lizzie said...

Brilliant poem! It happens here in UK too.

confessing7girl said...

@leroy: i know i do ;)

@kaylee:yeaa its official im gonna sign up for a new cable account!!

@lisa: hey girls thanks for the support!! very appreciated!!

@neo: ah ah i guess i need to pull that card out!! :D next time!! thanks for the tip!!u hv to threaten some people for they to do their jobs!! its sad!

lizzie: thanks for visiting good to know that im not alone here!!

Taylor Blue said...

I'm always here for you too...tv is a very important part of life...not something to be messed with...

What's In A Name ? said...

" Your call's important to us
So we've placed you in a queue."...so true!

confessing7girl said...

@taylor:agreed u can mess up my hair just leave my TV alone :P

@whats in a name: hii thanks for visiting me... ahh dont u hate when that happens!! :D

Anonymous said...

wow! I am impressed :) I didn't realize you are also a poet. You truly are a woman of many talents. I hope you are feeling better

confessing7girl said...

@susie: oh girl thanks but the poem isnt mine!! at the end of the poem is the name of the author!! it wasnt me but i swear im gonna try to make my own poetry someday!! :D

Taylor Blue said...

If I don't have a tv...omg...when I went on bed rest when I was pregnant with my son we went out and bought a new tv just so I could watch it and know that it wasn't going to break!