Monday, December 3, 2007

Katherine Heigl Looking Fabulous for Vanity Fair

I love Katherine, she is funny a good actress and for me she is the major star in Grey’s Anatomy. Emmy winner Katherine Heigl is the new cover girl for the January issue of Vanity Fair and here are some highlights of the interview.

On Gizzie, the relationship between her Grey’s character Izzie and George (T.R. Knight): “That was kind of a big change for Izzie, wasn’t it, after she was so up on her moral high ground. They really hurt somebody, and they didn’t seem to be taking a lot of responsibility for it. I have a really hard time with that kind of thing. I’m maybe a little too black-and-white about it. I don’t really know Izzie very well right now. She’s changed a lot. I’m trying to figure her out and keep her real… It was a ratings ploy. It was absolutely something that shocked people; it wasn’t predictable, and people didn’t see it coming. It’s our fourth season; there’s not a lot of spontaneity left. And business is business; I understand that, but I want there to be some cooperation between the business end and the creative end, so there’s some way of keeping it real.”


On the Mormon influence in her family’s life before her brother’s death: “A couple of Mormon families were a great comfort [after the death of her brother when Heigl was 7 years old]. Both my parents felt a great desire for answers, and they found an answer in the Mormon church—or answers they could live with, anyway, because there really are none. I didn’t really understand death, so it was very confusing for me. The worst part was watching the devastation of my family. They weren’t the same people anymore. Everything was kind of a mess for a while. It wasn’t like Ordinary People, where it destroyed that family so badly that there was never finding any joy or loving or appreciating being alive again. But I give my parents unbelievable credit for pulling it together, and I give the Mormon church a lot of credit for helping them to do that.”

Source

0 confessions: