Thursday, December 6, 2007

Eva Mendes says ‘FUR?? I’d rather go naked!’

Go Eva!! A woman can still be sexy without wearing fur; actually Eva looks pretty sexy in her own skin. Joining PETA to fight against the use and abuse of fur hear what Eva has to say…
What drew you to the idea of working with PETA on our “Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur” Campaign?
I wasn’t familiar with PETA early in my career. I remember having my first premiere in New York City and being so naive that I didn’t have a coat with me. My stylist sent me a fur wrap for the evening and I ignorantly wore it. PETA then wrote me a beautiful letter commenting on my less-than-educated choice. I was so impressed that I vowed to them and myself to never wear real fur on the red carpet or in my life again.

What issue involving animals is dearest to your heart? Also, you have a lot of fans out there which gives you a powerful platform to reach people and make a difference: What is your message to them about having compassion and getting active to help animals?
I’d say the closest animal rights issue to me right now is being anti-fur. I feel like in recent years, due to pop culture, fur has made a comeback. Some people still see wearing fur as glamorous and a sign of prosperity. Personally I think wearing a baby chinchilla says, “I’m ignorant,” vs. saying “I’m a badass.” I don’t think you can force people to change their attitudes, but you can help to educate them and to lead by example. … There are way too many amazing faux fur options out there for people to still be wearing real fur. I want people to know that there are options; that killing a poor animal and wearing it isn’t cool. But respecting all life forms is cool. Very cool.
Yep it’s cool respecting nature! Go buy expensive synthetic coats if you like fluffy things!! There are other options!!!

Source

0 confessions: