Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Colin Farrell is Happy & Proud of his Son

Colin’s son is 4 years old baby James, who was diagnosed with a neuro-genetic disorder, Angelman’s Syndrome. James is one beautiful baby boy that needs special attention from his parents.
"Angelman's is a neuro-genetic disorder," Colin explained. "The 15th chromosome is dormant. It affects their fine motor skills. They say that one in 30,000 children is affected by it."
The genetic disorder, which can impair speech, movement and balance meant that James walked his first few steps last fall, when he was 4. "It's just different," said the actor. "It's not different to me. He has his own path. He's just brilliant."
"He's nothing but a gift," Farrell said "As far as I'm concerned he's exactly the way he should be."
OMG is that the same Colin Farrell, the bad boy we used to know? For some reason he just got hotter.
Farrell shares custody of James with the boy’s mother, model Kim Bordenave. He said he decided to go public about his son’s health after people started asking questions about his involvement with the Special Olympics.
“I didn’t talk about my son [but] I felt like I was betraying him, like it could be misconstrued as shame, which would be terrible, because he’s such a celebration.
“I look around and I see people who move perfectly, who walk with grace, who speak with great diction and clarity and a great use of the English language and we’re all miserable f—ers – including me, at times.
“And then I see this fella who doesn’t move the way what’s perceived to be ‘normal’ is, and he’s as happy as can be.”
Go Colin!! Fatherhood just suits him!! That’s HOT!!
Source 1, 2, 3

1 confessions:

Anonymous said...

everytime he speaks of his son I respect him more and more