Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cameron Diaz Thanks Fans after Father’s Death

I can only imagine how such an unexpected even is hard on the whole family. Just some days ago, Emilio Diaz, 58, was healthy and then what was supposed to be a simple flu turned into pneumonia resulting in his death.
Cameron Diaz has spoken out on the death of her father, speaking about his life and the support she’s received from fans.
“My mom, sister and I are deeply appreciative of the overwhelming outpouring of love and support during this difficult time for us and all of our family,” she said in a statement.
“My dad was loved by so many people and his humor and spirit will always live on in our hearts,” she added.
Emilio was a second generation Cuban-American who worked as a foreman for an oil company. He had a bit part in his daughter’s film “There’s Something About Mary” as “Jailbird.”
Production was shut down on Diaz’s current project, “My Sister’s Keeper” Tuesday.
R.I.P

Source
& Photo

0 confessions: