Tuesday, July 3, 2007

iFollow & iReply

If you are a regular visitor in my blog you probably already noticed the fabulous new badges i have in my sidebars, the question is what are they for?
U Comment I Follow

Almost all blog platforms by default are set up so that a “dead end” piece of code is inserted wherever there is a link in a comment, so that search engines will not “count” the link as they are crawling the internet. This was originally designed to help stop comment spam, but it doesn’t work. What it does is remove some of the incentive for your readers contribute to your site by commenting on your posts.
What can you do about it? Turn off “nofollow”. Show your commenters that you appreciate them. Spread the link love.
Thanks everyone for your comments!! (I LOVE comments!) And this is just something to make you want to comment more and more... Get your own badge here (instructions for blogger, wordpress & moveable type).

U Comment IReply
This is a brand new movement... this badge means that you comment and i will always reply!!
Let your readers know that you appreciate what they have to say and won’t just ignore them!!
Get the pink girly badge version here!!

12 confessions:

lisa q. said...

i heart comments! :D

izzat said...

stil cant understand with "nofollow" things.. can you explain more?

KAYLEE said...

I LOVE PEOPLE COMMENTS!

N@nc! said...

me tooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
mas eu ainda percebi bem o que isso do vc comenta e eu sigo...

Anonymous said...

Hello Girly.. welcome to the D Club. :) Do Follow I mean.. :)

Anonymous said...

Hiii :) Thanks for the iReply plug! I'm blown away by how much it's circulating through the blogosphere in just a couple short days :D

Amandeep Singh said...

YEah comments is what keeps u goin...
n a lovely blog u have in here!

Harmony said...

yeah i also Appreciate my friends..how are you sexy?--think u have not forget ur friends....thnx for such a cool inf. bye.take care.love.all.bye.

Anonymous said...

I love comment follow.. this is cool.

Impressionist said...

hehe! I wud die if ppl didnt comment! ;)

hehe!

peace & love
Jeevy

confessing7girl said...

@lisa: we all heart comments!!!!!! hehe :D

@circumstance:whenever u comment on my blog and u leave a link google will recognize it and will count it as a valid link... normally blogger is set to nofollow default!

@kaylee: me tooooooo girl!! :D how r u feeling?

@soul&body:significa k reconhece os teus comentarios como links validos pó teu blog o k leva ao aumento da importancia do teu blog!

@susie: hehehehehe D-club indeed and proud of it ;)

@mike: well it was a great idea... i asked myself if there wasnt something like that already... at 1st i thought the ifollow meant ireply... im new to this ok!! :D mike thanks for the amazing badges!!

@standbymind: hiiiii thanks for visiting me and welcome !!! its true comment give life to ur blog!

@pankaj gupta: hi there wow im already being called sexy!! ahh love blogging!!! :D:D

@syafrizal:hii thanks for coming by and dont be a stranger ;)

@rajeev:ahhhhhh see thats how important comments really r!! :D

Coaster said...

I have just removed nofollow and put dofollow on backlinks and comments on my blogs.
Good Free RPG Games
Japanese Ice-cream
I hope it brings some visitors and comments.