Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Truth About Drink Driving

This just made me think and it's a serious matter so before you do something stupid make sure that 75% of innocent people aren't getting hurt! ;)

The Truth About Drink Driving

I read this in the paper,
And it really made me think;
That a quarter of all road accidents
Can be blamed... directly... on drink.

Now statistics, they tell you, will never lie,
But be wary of how they're used;
You need your wits about you,
It's easy to get confused.

If a quarter of accidents are had by drunks,
Then sober people have all the rest;
That's 75% if I'm not mistaken,
... (My maths never were the best).

But I'm not entirely stupid,
And I plan to stay alive;
So I'm gonna start driving drunk,
I'm three times more likely to survive.
BY Ian Mackay

4 confessions:

lisa q. said...

people just get so stupid when they drink...it's a good way to think about it...makes it a little more real i think...

Unknown said...

LOL. I have to agree the logic is flawless :)

confessing7girl said...

@lisa:its real we just want to think it only happens with others!

@SJ: true thats what i really liked about it! :D

DubLiMan said...

That's just a little basakwards.....I think.

I found your site through a shared link that I have with “The Painted Veil” Would you be interested in a link swap? Please visit my site at: http://mondaymorningpower.blogspot.com. My site is “Dedicated to the Pursuit, Capture, Care & Feeding of a Positive Mental Attitude.” I have zero adds on my site. I feel that what I have to say has universal significance. If you like what you see and agree, then link my site to yours, leave me a comment on my blog that you have done so and I will immediately do the same. I only make this offer to sites that I know my readers would benefit from.