Sunday, March 2, 2008

Rihanna On a Mission to Have a Perfect Body in Fabulous Magazine

One of the hottest babes in pop still isn’t happy with her fabulous body; Rihanna, 20, says carbs are the enemy and she really works hard to be that gorgeous.
You have an amazing figure. How do you stay in shape?
A lot of hard work and a lot of running on the treadmill. Cardio is the key. I have a personal trainer who travels with me if we have a big event coming up. I work out every day but I need a trainer to motivate me – I don’t find it much fun working out on my own.
What do you like about your body?
My bum, and I keep working at it as I want it to be perfect. It makes my clothes look good – and guys like it!
And what do you like least?
My legs. I’m insecure about them. Everyone wants to have slim, perfectly-toned legs and I’m the same. I do weights but I don’t want my legs to bulk up so I do a lot of cardio. I’ve lost a lot of weight since I started working out and if I exercise every day for a week, I can drop several pounds. If I diet, I see even faster results.
Do you have a strict diet?
Carbs are the enemy but if I go three days without them, I start getting weak. If my trainer had her way, I’d eat small meals every three hours, but I sometimes only eat once or twice a day. I have egg whites and pineapple for breakfast with hot water and lemon. For lunch I have fish and potatoes. I hate vegetables but I make myself eat them. For dinner I have fish again.
Does size matter?
Not at all. My size varies – sometimes I’m a (US) 2, sometimes 4 (UK 6 or 8) – but what matters is being fit and healthy. Being slim makes me feel better about myself. It boosts my self-esteem, and having a toned body helps with my job because I wear a lot of skimpy costumes. My weight fluctuates, but I don’t weigh myself every day. I’m 5ft 8in and weigh around 9st 7lb.
Would you have cosmetic surgery?
I don’t think so, but I can’t say for sure that I wouldn’t in the future. If my breasts started to drop, I might not like that. But for the next 20-25 years, I’m going to stay as natural as possible.
What’s the downside to fame?
I hardly get home to Barbados because I have a demanding schedule, and I do miss it. The bad thing is that I’m away from my culture, friends and family, and good home cooking. It’s tough being on your own in a hotel room on the other side of the world. But for every sad situation there’s a good one – I get to do amazing things and go to places I once could only dream of.
Tell us about the gossip that you and Jay-Z are more than just friends...
Rumours come with the territory and you can’t help these things.
Or that you are dating singer Chris Brown?
I’m single. If a good guy comes along we’ll make it work, but for now I’m having fun being a single woman.
Who’s your ideal man?
One who makes me happy, makes me laugh, and keeps me in good spirits.

For more get the Fabulous Magazine in newsstands near you!! ;)

(Photos of Rihanna & pregnant Jessica Alba @ Fendi Store Opening in Paris, Feb. 29)
Yes, Rihanna is denying relationship with Chris, but the interview was done before the famous photos in the pool came out.

0 confessions: