Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hugh Laurie Did Vicodin to Get Into Character

Dr. Gregory House is an out of the closet Vicodin addicted… Vicodin is a strong painkiller highly addictive so don’t even try it!! Don’t try to play Dr. House, cause you are not him… :)
Hugh Laurie admits he attempted to get closer to the character he portrays on House — by experimenting with Vicodin. “I wouldn’t recommend it — we have to be careful,” Laurie, 48, tells Britain’s Radio Times magazine, “But then again … if you’re not in pain it gives a floaty, pleasurable feeling.”
Being apart from his family is probably the reason why Hugh is not happy with his Golden Globe winning performance, but we love House!!
“I’m hugely surprised House survives. The odds are against you in this competitive business; wolves snap at your heels. It’s hard to say if I’m pleased with the show,” he says.
“I don’t watch regularly. I avert my eyes when my children have it on. I hate seeing myself, but it’s even worse hearing my American accent … I had no idea I sound so retarded, a dull monotone, full of clunking mistakes.”
Laurie says he hasn’t brought his family, who continue to live in London, to be with him in Los Angeles because of fears that this might hex the show’s run.
“I have this vague feeling that the moment I’m comfortable with my place in the world there’ll be retribution,” he says. “That’s one reason I didn’t want my family to live here. The moment we put down roots the whole thing will be called off.”
Laurie also says the pressures of filming House mean he’s “off the market” for cameos on other shows. And its success hasn’t lead to any offers from his native land either.
“There’s a notion that I’ve sold out,” he says. “Sold out what exactly? There’s a peculiar British attitude that I took an oath I wouldn’t be successful, and reneged on it.”
Ohhh we love you Hugh, you are the best… damn British cold attitude!!! We HEART Hugh Laurie!!

(Photos of Hugh Laurie arriving LAX on March 9)
Source

0 confessions: