Thursday, May 8, 2008

Jessica Alba Shows Off Her Beautiful Pink Nursery

Jessica Alba revealed that she and Cash Warren plan to put the finishing touches on the nursery with baby photos of various family members, but for now, they're quite happy with the almost-completed room. Working with designer Kari Whitman, the pair decided on a lavender, pink, and white color scheme. They also wanted hippie-style embellishments while staying as green as they could. Jessica explained,

That's the way I live. Kari respects and shares my views on being as green as possible. I've been into anything ecofriendly or sustainable for a little while now, and I wanted to make this environment as nontoxic as possible. When I was doing research on furniture, I thought NurseryWorks was really cute. I told them I wanted formaldehyde-free wood and low-VOC [Volatile Organic Compounds] paint, and they were like, 'That's our line.'
It's not just for one sex: If we have a boy in a few years, it's something I can use. Also, all of the furniture grows with the kids: The bed becomes a toddler trundle, and the changing table can be just another dresser.

Jessica and Cash's baby girl is due in late May/early June.
Meanwhile Jessica has been busy competing at her fiancé website IbeatYou.com as she wrote on her MySpace blog:

Hey guys, quick note to let you know that I was challenged to a staring competition by some of my friends on ibeatyou.com. Check it out when you have a minute. I'm calling out Steve Nash and all the ladies on ibeatyou.


On another note, I'm very excited for my new movie The Love Guru with Mike Myers. He is honestly one of the funniest people on the planet! I can't wait for you guys to see it. I'll be on The Ellen DeGeneres show tomorrow, so be sure to watch it. The countdown has begun for the baby's arrival.....Cash and I are beyond excited!!! Thanks to everyone for all your positive words of encouragement and support during my pregnancy. I really appreciate every note.

Take Care,

JA

Source 1, 2

0 confessions: